Translational Pathology Core Laboratory
Director: Samuel French, M.D., Ph.D.
Co-Director: Dawn Ward, M.D.
Manager: Clara E. Magyar, Ph.D.
14-127 Center for Health Sciences
University of California, Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1732
Telephone: (310) 825-1717
Fax: (310) 267-2104
- Human tissue procurement
- Fresh remnant tissues from surgical resections
- Clinical trial biospecimen procurement and processing (biopsies, biofluids)
- Access to archived paraffin blocks
- CAP accredited human tissue biorepository of frozen/paraffin embedded cancer specimens
- Histology services
- Processing, embedding, cutting paraffin/cryostat sections, special stains
- Both human and animal tissues
- Laser capture microdissection (sample preparation and training)
- Established antibodies and optimization of new antibodies
- Multiplexed immunofluorescence staining (up to 9 biomarkers)
- Digital pathology/image analysis
- Brightfield/fluorescence whole slide scanning
- Automated analysis of brightfield/fluorescence images (from any file type)
- Pathology Consultation Services
- Study design, tissue selection, IRB advice, identification of cases within UCLA archives, slide interpretation
The investigator submits a "Request for Services" form (available by email request); p39 for recharge and (depending on request) IRB approval is also required.
Drs. Dry and French are available to meet with each investigator to assist in "fine-tuning" critical details of the research requirements, optimal tissue sources (e.g., surgery, autopsy), and the method of preparation. Contact Dr. Magyar (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange consultations for digital image analysis.
|Tissue procurement (per tissue)||(Price varies according to
complexity and processing)
|Histology H&E stain (per slide)||$2|
|IHC/ISH (per slide/section/antibody)||$25|
|Digital slide scan (per slide 20x/40x), brightfield
|Digital slide scan (per slide 20x/40x), immunofluorescence||(Price varies according to number of biomarkers and magnification)