Community partners of the UCLA Jonsson Cancer Center Foundation (JCCF) organize a variety of events to raise funds for cancer research at the UCLA Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center (JCCC). These events range from school bake sales, to corporate golf tournaments, to fashion shows! Become a community partner to the JCCF and organize your own fundraising event. We'll provide the fundraising materials and resources you need to get started!
- Download and review the Event Guidelines below. Contact us if you have any questions!
- Download and fill out the appropriate Event Application Form, and return it to us for review.
Tips and suggestions
- Brainstorm - Be creative! Fundraising events of any type and scale are welcome.
- Plan - Create a timeline, set your goals and decide on a date and venue
- Form a team - Form an event committee, approach key supporters early on in the process.
- Paperwork - Obtain and fill out any required permits
- Spread the word! - Use social media to tag JCCF and create a hashtag to get your participants involved
- During the event - Take lots of pictures and have fun!
- After the event - Collect funds, thank your supporters and submit any photos and updates to JCCF
Frequently Asked Questions
Who raises funds for the JCCF?
People from all walks of life have donated countless hours to organize events that support the cancer center’s most important work. Fundraising efforts of all scales and scope are welcome. Whether it’s a coin drive at your middle school, a golf tournament at the senior center, or a black-tie gala, we are truly grateful for your dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients everywhere.
Showing your support to a friend or family member, expressing gratitude to one of the doctors on your UCLA team, or to honor a loved one’s memory by increasing cancer awareness – these are some of the meaningful reasons that individuals from across the globe come together to support the JCCC’s research to find better ways to prevent, treat, and ultimately cure cancer.
What kinds of activities?
Previous events have included a golf tournament in China, annual champagne tasting event, run/walks, fashion shows, coin drives, movie premiers, car shows, endurance athletic events, and more. The possibilities are endless!