The future of cancer care: breakthroughs, advances and the importance of access
Los Angeles Virtual Policy Forum hosted by American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network
- Date: September 30, 2020 5:30 PM - 6:45 PM
- Location: Virtual event (registration required)
Los Angeles, California 90095
The American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network (ACS CAN) will hold a virtual policy forum on September 30, 2020 to spotlight “The Future of Cancer Care: Breakthroughs, Advances and the Importance of Access." The free event will be held 5:30 to 6:45 p.m. and is open to the public. To register, click here.
The event will feature remarks from Johnese Spisso, RN, MPA, President of UCLA Health, and a panel discussion moderated by Dr. Michael Teitell, Director of the UCLA Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, with a group of distinguished experts who will explore advances in cancer care and highlight how we can work together to continue to advocate for increased funding for cancer research and protect patient access to care.
- Dr. Adrian Bot, Vice President of Translational Medicine, Kite Pharmaceuticals
- Dr. Farah M. Brasfield, Regional Chief, Hematology/Oncology, Kaiser Permanente-Southern California
- Dr. Maggie DiNome, Chief of Breast Surgery, Director of Breast Health, UCLA Medical Center
- Zul Surani, Associate Director, Research Center for Health Equity, Cedars Sinai Medical Center
Biographical profiles for the speakers available here.
To read more about the event and to RSVP, click here.